East Coast-based singer-songwriter Lisa Fenstermacher continues to hone her musical talent and skill. Her attendance at the Berklee College of Music’s Five Week Intensive Performance Summer Seminar set in motion a stronger commitment and vision as a performing artist, resulting in “Pivot” — ten original songs and a new arrangement of the hymn “Near the Cross.” The CD was produced by Michael Sauri (Fighting Gravity, Cinema 8) and is her third studio recording released on her own indie label. At the 25th Annual Mid Atlantic Song Contest, Lisa and co-writer Michael Sauri were presented with the Silver Award for their song “Peace” on the Pivot CD. Two other songs from the same release received Honorable Mention. The “Pivot” CD was nominated for a WAMMIE award by the Washington Area Music Association.
Lisa has built a solid foundation throughout the Mid-Atlantic area for her commitment and dedication to partnering with many non-profit and faith-based organizations, putting her music to work at numerous benefit concerts and outreach events. It is this awareness of social issues such as poverty and AIDS (along with the plight of orphaned children in Africa and Guatemala) that has informed her songwriting and music. “Pivot” became the canvas for songs that reflect the human experience with all the struggles, hopes and faith we each carry in our heart.
Whether accompanying herself on her Taylor acoustic guitar or with her band, Lisa’s music crosses over generational, ethnic and denominational lines while a powerful combination of faith, grace and persistence continues to open doors and direct her steps. Music industry consultant David Bunker observed that Lisa’s vocals are “reminiscent of Amy Grant” and likened her to “a female Rich Mullins” because of her authenticity and transparent way of communicating.
“When I started writing songs for my first CD, ‘A Promise for Tomorrow’, I never dreamed of all of the settings where my songs would be shared,” Lisa says. (“A Promise for Tomorrow” was produced by Paul Langford, former keyboardist for the Dove Award-nominated group Glad.)
Lisa has performed at hundreds of events over the past ten years and has opened for the Dove Award-winning group Selah and received two WAMMIE nominations from the Washington Area Music Association for Best Female Gospel/Inspirational Vocalist. She also placed as a semi-finalist at the international Christian Artists Seminar in Estes Park, Colorado. Her song “Journey of Grace” from her EP “Glimpses” (which was also produced by Sauri) appeared on a compilation CD whose proceeds benefitted Compassion International. The disc included such notables as Randy Stonehill and Phil Keaggy. Songs from “Glimpses” have reached across the globe to England, Australia and Japan and aired on local and college radio.
- Silver Award and two Honorable Mentions at 25th Annual Mid Atlantic Song Contest.
- Semi-finalist at Estes Park Christian Artists International Competition.
- Two time Washington Area WAMMIE nominee for Best Gospel/Inspirational Vocalist.
- “Pivot” CD nominated for WAMMIE for Best Gospel/Inspirational CD.
- Hershey (PA) Park Christian Day
- National Day of Prayer rallies on the capitol steps in Annapolis MD
- Songwriters’ Association of Washington, where she led two seminars on Faith, Music and Artistry and was a planner, seminar leader and performer for “The Spirit in Music” songwriting symposium.
- Watchman on the Walls — Several benefit concerts for this ministry, in support of her friend Myra Smith, a missionary to Guatemala.
- Borders Books
- City festivals and events such as the Apple Blossom Festival, Laurel Main Street Fair, Perry Hall Town Festival and First Night Talbot in Maryland; the Piedmont Peach Festival and Hokie Spirit Tribute Concert in Virginia; Artomatic and the Fete De La Musique in Washington DC.
- Other venues and events, including hospitals, nursing homes, men’s prison, churches, weddings, coffeehouses, parks, retreats, singles groups, special services, benefit concerts for parachurch ministries, outreaches, healing services, campus ministry and events on several ships.
Lisa has shared the stage with:
- Randy Stonehill
- Karen England (Dayspring artist)
- Reverb (International acapella group)
- Deana Mears
Lisa has opened for:
- Grammy and Dove Award winners Selah
- Burt Rosenburg (Christian Comedian)
- Father Joe Breighner (priest and WOLC radio personality)
Lisa’s schedule has taken her to:
- Washington D.C.
- Eastern Shore
- Nashville, TN
- Franklin, TN
- New York
Radio and TV events:
- WJRO 1590 AM — interview and airplay
- WFHB 91.3/98.1 FM (Bloomington, IN) — airplay
- WOLC Joy! 102.5 Contact Delmarva interview
- The Spirit Radio
- Delaware Channel 28 (TV cable) appearance at “The Way Cafe” in Elsmere, DE for the show “Around the Town.”
- Fairfax Cable TV show on songwriting
CDs (Lisa has received requests for her CDs from Great Britain, Japan and Australia):
- A Promise for Tomorrow — produced by former GLAD keyboard / vocalist Paul Langford. (In 1998, the title song from this CD, “It’s Time,” was featured by International Christian Aerobics Ministry Body and Soul Aerobics for their “One Heart at a Time” fall session.)
- Glimpses — produced by former Fighting Gravity guitarist Michael Sauri.
- PIVOT — produced by Michael Sauri.
- CMC MusicFest 2003 — Compilation CD
- Leading worship remotely for Sunday services for Nations Church, Houston TX
- Led worship for prayer groups, bible study meetings and served as Praise and Worship Leader (June & August, 2008) for Jamii International Outreach Ministries Anniversary Dinner. Jamii is dedicated to the children who are orphaned in Kenya.
- Served as Worship Leader for Ephesians Life Ministries with her husband Paul for 7 and a half years, 1992 – 1999.